How to Make Cauliflower Crust Pizza
This easy-to-make cauliflower crust pizza holds together with parmesan cheese and is topped with fresh sauce, mozzarella, and fresh basil.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: Serves 2-4 1x
- Category: Entrées
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 1 cup shredded low-moisture mozzarella (or 2 cups cheddar if you don’t have it)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 heaping tbsp garlic confit or 4 fresh cloves peeled & grated
- 1 egg
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 5 fresh basil leaves, shredded
- Salt, pepper and red pepper flakes to taste
- Cheesecloth or tea towel
- 2 pieces of parchment paper
- Note: For this recipe you’ll need cheesecloth or a tea towel. You’ll also need two pan-sized pieces of parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash, core, and roughly chop cauliflower, then add to your food processor. Pulse until cauliflower looks about the size of grains of rice.
- Add to a bowl and microwave for five minutes, covered with a paper towel, then let cauliflower cool in the refrigerator for 5-10 minutes.
- Bundle cauliflower up into four layers of cheesecloth, then twist the top, so it looks like a ball, and squeeze until you’ve removed all the moisture (a cup or more!)
- Add back to your cauliflower dish, and add half your cheddar cheese and half your mozzarella, Italian seasoning, garlic confit or grated garlic, egg, a pinch of salt and a pinch of pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- Press your mixture down onto the parchment paper in your baking sheet to create a crust that is about ⅛-¼” thick, and use a knife to shape your pizza. You can also use cookie cutters to make small round pizzas for kids.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes (the top should be golden brown), then remove, and carefully flip onto your second piece of parchment paper, and cook an additional 5-10 minutes or until the other side is golden also.
- Remove from the oven, spread out your desired amount of sauce, top with remaining cheese, a sprinkle of red pepper flakes and italian seasoning if desired, and put back in the oven just long enough for the cheese to melt (about 5 minutes).
- Slice, garnish with fresh basil, and enjoy!