Lemon Baked Cod
Cod is that type of fish you want to serve to family members who “don’t like that fishy taste.” It has a much milder flavor than other types of fish, which makes it more amenable to serving to a wider group of people. Once again, that magical ingredient—Greek yogurt—helps to slim down this recipe for a guilt-free dinner.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4
- Category: Entrées
- 4 (8-ounce) Alaskan cod fillets
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, grated or finely minced
- Zest and juice of 1 large lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the cod ﬁllets on the sheet and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the panko and olive oil and toss well to evenly coat.
- In another bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, parsley, basil, Parmesan cheese, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Spoon one quarter of the yogurt mixture on top of each ﬁllet and then dip each ﬁllet into the panko mixture, coating all sides.
- Bake until ﬁrm, 12 to 15 minutes, depending on the thickness of the ﬁsh. Serve over Romaine, with additional lemon if desired.