Cheesy Chip Chicken Taco Casserole
Full of flavor, this casserole utilizes cream of mushroom soup, taco seasoning and Doritos to make an easy dinner the whole family will love.
- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 1x
- Category: Entrées
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (10-ounce) can RoTel tomatoes, drained
- 1 (10.5-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 (10-ounce) bag Doritos
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Coat a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Place the chicken on the baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and shred the chicken. Reduce the oven temperature to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, tomatoes, cream of mushroom soup, 1 cup of the cheddar, and the taco seasoning. Stir well.
- Cover the bottom of the baking dish with a layer of the Doritos. Top with the chicken mixture and half of the remaining cheddar.
- Add another layer of Doritos, chicken mixture, and cheddar. Top with the remaining Doritos.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Serve.