Cheesy Chicken Alfredo Casserole
Traditionally in Italy, Alfredo is a pasta dish made with fettuccine. Melted Parmesan cheese and butter emulsify with cream to form a smooth coating. With some extra Italian seasoning and cubed chicken, this baked dish is as comforting as it is tasty.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Marination Time: 8 hours
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 9 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: Serves 6-8 1x
- Category: Entrées
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 pound fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely minced garlic
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 2 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Toss the chicken, salad dressing, and Italian seasoning together and allow to stand for at least 30 minutes or up to 8 hours refrigerated.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and lightly coat a 9 × 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, add the fettuccine, and cook until al dente. Drain and return it to the pot.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and garlic and sauté, stirring often, until the chicken is lightly cooked, about 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to the pot with the cooked pasta and toss to combine.
- In the empty skillet, melt the butter over medium heat and whisk in the ﬂour, cooking and whisking constantly for 1 minute until the mixture is foamy and light-colored. Stir in the half-and-half and cream cheese and whisk until the sauce is thickened, about 4 minutes. Toss with the pasta and chicken, adding 1 cup of the Italian cheese blend and ½ cup of the Parmesan. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour into the baking dish and top with the remaining cheese blend and ﬁnally the remaining Parmesan. Bake for 30 minutes, until bubbling and the top is golden brown. Serve.
Keywords: chicken alfredo, casserole