New England Lobster Roll Recipe with Lemon and Tarragon
In this fresh twist on a classic, our New England lobster roll recipe combines traditions from the northern and southern regions to form the perfect bite. Featuring fresh tarragon and lemon zest, it’s truly a mouthful!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4
- Category: Entrées
- 6 tbsp salted butter, room temperature
- 4 New England style hotdog buns
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1/2 lb fresh-picked lobster meat (or frozen and thawed)
- 1 tbsp chopped celery
- 1 lemon (1/4 tsp lemon juice and zest)
- 1.5 tbsp mayo
- 1/8 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp fresh tarragon leaves, chopped
- A pinch of paprika
- A pinch of salt
- A few cracks of pepper
- Preheat a skillet to medium-high, then using four tablespoons of room-temperature butter, gently butter the outside of your hotdog buns. Add to skillet toasting for 30 seconds on each side. Set aside and place a lettuce leaf inside of each bun to keep the bun from getting soggy when butter is added.
- In a bowl, mix together chopped celery, 1/4 tsp lemon juice, grated zest from 1/2 of 1 lemon, mayo, dijon mustard, tarragon, paprika, salt, and pepper. Add lobster and toss.
- Spoon lobster salad into each roll and garnish with an extra grate of fresh pepper. Melt the remaining two tablespoons of butter, then drizzle over the top of each roll or leave in a small bowl for dipping. Enjoy!