Chicken Parmesan is one of those old-school dishes that is completely underrated and underap preciated. The combination of crispy bread crumbs and gooey cheese really can’t be beat. Add in a fabulous marinara sauce, and you’ve got it made! Be sure to have extra sauce for dipping.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4
- Category: Entrées
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup marinara sauce, warmed, plus extra for serving
- Oregano for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pound the chicken breasts with a meat mallet to 1/2-inch thickness.
- In a small bowl, crack both eggs and beat until smooth. Combine the panko and Parmesan cheese in a zip-top plastic bag. Dredge the chicken breasts into the egg mixture, followed by the panko mixture. Shake off any excess crumbs and lay on the baking sheet.
- Bake until the chicken is golden and fully cooked, about 30 minutes. Spoon the marinara over the Garnish with oregano and serve with extra marinara on the side.
Keywords: chicken, parmesan