Spicy Slow Cooker Beef with Bell Pepper
By making this recipe in the slow cooker instead of on the stovetop, you can cut back on a lot of unnecessary calories. Since this takes about 3 hours to cook, I can throw it together, run a few errands, and come back to dinner ready to go.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 hours
- Total Time: 3 hours 20 minutes
- Yield: Serves 8
- Category: Entrées
- 2 pounds lean beef chuck, thinly sliced
- 2 cups coarsely chopped red bell pepper
- 2 cups coarsely chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup low-sodium beef broth
- Sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Cooked brown rice, for serving
- Lightly spray the insert of a 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Place the beef on the bottom of the slow cooker. Top with the bell peppers and onion. Sprinkle with the garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Mix the broth with the sriracha sauce. Pour over the peppers and beef.
- Cover and cook for 3 hours on High.
- Mix the cornstarch with 1/2 cup water in a saucepan. Add 1 cup of the liquid from the meat and pepper mixture and cook on medium heat until boiling. Return this mixture to the meat and bell peppers.
- Serve hot over brown rice.
Keywords: slow cooker, spicy beef, bell pepper, beef