When I say “bourbon” at home, ears perk up. And when it has to do with a weeknight dinner, interest in that meal goes from a ﬁve to a ten with that one word. The smoky, savory ﬂavor from a favorite happy hour drink has found its way to our traditional Tuesday chicken dinners. Smoky Baked Beans go well with the rough-and-tumble ﬂavor of this chicken dish.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4
- Category: Entrées
- 1 cup bourbon
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small saucepan, combine the bourbon, maple syrup, and lemon juice. Simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes until the sauce has slightly thickened.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. In a medium oven-safe skillet, heat the oil over medium heat, add the chicken, and pour the bourbon-maple mixture on top. Place the skillet in the oven and cook for 20 minutes, until the chicken is done. Serve.
Keywords: bourbon, chicken