I consider family get-togethers a special occasion that deserves a special recipe. After all, it’s a time when everyone can reconnect and catch up over some great food. For our potluck get-togethers, I’m always excited to prepare Grilled Tuna Steaks With Grape and Caper Salsa!
Grilled tuna is not only delicious, but it serves as a great alternative to beef because it is briny, slightly meaty, and delightfully tender. Tuna steaks also have an oily but delicate taste that can easily complement a range of flavors. Just like beef steak, you can enjoy tuna in different degrees of doneness, opening up your palate to a whole gamut of tastes and textures.
Most grilled tuna steaks are typically enjoyed with a dash of lemon juice, but for this recipe, you also get to enjoy tuna with two other ingredients that can brighten up that subtle zest: capers and grapes! Aside from having a lemony tang, capers also have the brininess of green olives combined with a subtle floral tartness that lends it a rather bold flavor profile. Grapes, on the other hand, are brimming with that juicy, sweet-tart taste that complements the lemon juice and capers. This combination is refreshing and elegant, yet not overpowering enough to drown out the exquisite taste of grilled tuna.
Accentuating these flavors is a mix of shallots, chopped fresh parsley, a bit of olive oil, and some salt and black pepper for seasoning. Your Grilled Tuna Steaks With Grape and Caper Salsa wouldn’t be complete without these ingredients and their mildly earthy taste.
Savory and special, this recipe might just become a mainstay in your potluck parties!Print
Grilled Tuna Steaks with Grape and Caper Salsa
Liven up your next potluck party with the tender and refreshing taste of Grilled Tuna Steaks with Grape and Caper Salsa!
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 minutes
- Total Time: 31 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4
- Category: Entrées
- 2 cups red seedless grapes, halved
- 1/3 cup capers, drained and rinsed
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pinch salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 (8-ounce) tuna steaks
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil grate.
- Stir together grapes, capers, shallot, parsley, and olive oil in a bowl; season to taste with salt and pepper, and set aside. Place tuna steaks onto a plate, and brush with lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook tuna steaks on preheated grill until cooked to desired degree of doneness, 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium-rare. Serve with the grape and caper salsa.
Have you tried this recipe? It’s so easy and delicious—please tell us how it turned out for you.
What’s the most popular fruit in the world? If you guessed oranges, apples, or bananas, you’d be wrong—it’s the fabulous grape! Because of its many uses (hello, wine!) and the number of countries that can grow grapes, the world totals some 72 million tons of grapes grown annually. In the Great Grapes Gardening Guide, you’ll learn everything you need to grow this versatile fruit.