Chicken & Garlic Pizza with Marinara
Chicken and Garlic pizza is often made with white sauce, but the marinara sauce used in this recipe offers a traditional flavor combination that’s heightened by the roasted garlic. As a bonus, this pizza includes asparagus as a topping for an easy way to add some fresh spring veggies into your meal.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 6–8 1x
- Category: Entrées
- 1 (13.8-ounce) can refrigerated pizza dough
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (see note)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound asparagus, blanched, cooled, and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a pizza tray with parchment paper.
- Roll out the pizza dough on a ﬂoured surface. Place on the pizza tray.
- Top with the marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese, chicken, garlic, asparagus, and Parmesan cheese. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is bubbling.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool slightly, and serve.
- To cook the chicken, place the breasts on a baking sheet and bake at 350ºF for 30 minutes.