Bourbon Chicken and Biscuits
While this dish works well as a main course, you can also enjoy it as a group where you gather together a few friends, grab some pull-apart buttermilk biscuits to dip in the bourbon sauce, and slice up into small sandwiches. Enjoy this dinner on a cool fall night or as a brunch dish to share in the morning.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: Serves 6
- Category: Entrées
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (16-ounce) container cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup bourbon
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (16.3-ounce) can refrigerated original biscuits
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chicken. Sear on one side for 5 minutes. Flip over and add the mushrooms, bourbon, and maple syrup. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the cream, thyme, salt, and pepper. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Bake the biscuits according to package instructions.
- Serve warm.
Keywords: bourbon chicken, biscuits