Slow Cooker French Onion Pork Chops
Grab that can of french onion soup and let your slow cooker work its magic in this pork chop recipe!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 hours 15 minutes
- Total Time: 3 hours 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Entrées
- 4 boneless pork chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (10.5-ounce) can condensed French onion soup
- 1/2 cup white wine or water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or half-and-half
- Spray the insert of a 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle the pork chops with the paprika and pepper
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. When hot, add the pork chops and cook until golden brown on one side, about 5 minutes.
- Arrange the pork chops in the bottom of the slow cooker and pour the French onion soup and wine over them. Cover and cook on High for 3 hours.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and 1 tablespoon water and stir to make a smooth paste, then stir the cornstarch slurry into the cream. Stir the cream mixture into the juices in the slow cooker, cover, and cook on High for 15 minutes more, until slightly thickened.
- Spoon the gravy on top of the pork chops and serve
- Mashed potatoes and green beans make excellent sides!