Butter Chicken Cracker Casserole
I love using crackers as a breading with recipes because it gives them an extra bit of buttery ﬂavor (and a satisfying crunch to boot!). This shortcut recipe is simple enough to make on a busy Monday night, and you’ll still have leftovers to enjoy throughout the week.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4-6 1x
- Category: Entrées
- 3 medium boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (about 3 cups)
- 1 (10.5-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 6 ounces Ritz crackers, crushed into fine crumbs
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9 × 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the shredded chicken, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, and peas. Stir well. Pour into the prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the crushed crackers, butter, and paprika until the mixture resembles wet sand. Spoon evenly on top of the casserole and bake for 25–30 minutes until the ﬁlling is bubbling and the top is lightly browned. Slice and serve.
- To cook the chicken, place the breasts on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.