Cheesy Baked Pumpkin Pasta Casserole
Pumpkin isn’t just for dessert anymore! This pasta is creamy and cheesy with ricotta cheese as a main ingredient. Topped with chopped pecans for added texture and flavor, this pasta baked to perfection.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 6-8 1x
- Category: Entrées
- 1 pound rigatoni
- 1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 4 sage leaves
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and lightly coat a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add the rigatoni, and cook until al dente. Drain and return the rigatoni to the pot.
- While the rigatoni is cooking, combine the ricotta, pumpkin, eggs, and yogurt in a large bowl. Add the salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Pour the sauce over the pasta and coat completely.
- Pour into the baking dish and top with the Parmesan cheese and pecans. Bake for 30 minutes. Top with the sage leaves and serve.