I love the way that tuna, when combined with a white sauce or mayonnaise, is slightly sweet and salty, perfectly complementing the noodles that add to that delicious bite.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: Serves 6
- Category: Entrées
- 4 cups wide egg noodles
- 2 (10.75-ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 pounds canned chunk tuna, well-drained
- 2 cups peas, thawed if frozen
- 2 tablespoons canned pimentos, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly coat a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the egg noodles and salt to taste and cook until al dente. Drain and reserve.
- While the noodles cook, combine the soup and milk in a large bowl and stir to combine. Add the tuna, peas, pimentos, and pepper and stir to combine. Add the drained noodles and stir. Pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake until bubbling and the top is golden brown, about 30 minutes. Let cool slightly and serve.
Keywords: casserole, tuna