Quick Teriyaki Salmon
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Entrées
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
- 1/4 cup low-sodium teriyaki sauce, plus more for brushing
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat the broiler on high heat and position a rack 3 to 4 inches below the ﬂame. Line a large baking sheet with foil and coat it with cooking spray.
- Place the salmon pieces on the foil. Brush the salmon with teriyaki sauce. Broil for 5 to 6 minutes, or until opaque.
- Transfer the salmon ﬁllets onto a serving platter. Brush with additional teriyaki sauce and sprinkle with the sesame seeds.
- For the goma-ae: Bring a large pot of water to a boil and prepare a bowl of ice water.
- Add the spinach to the boiling water and cook for 2 minutes or until cooked through. Drain, rinse brieﬂy with cool water, and then momentarily add to the ice water.
- Remove the spinach and squeeze out as much water as you can. Cut into 2-inch pieces.
- In a medium bowl, combine the dashi, soy sauce, and sugar. Add the spinach and toss well to distribute.
- Grind the sesame seeds and salt in a food processor or blender. Add to the spinach and stir. Serve on the side of the salmon.