Chicken Parmesan Quinoa Bake
The health gurus like to talk about the magic powers of quinoa and how you get so much pro tein and ﬁber every time you eat it. It took me a while to jump on the quinoa train, but once I did, I couldn’t wait to ﬁnd new ways to incorporate it into my favorite recipes—like a classic Chicken Parm!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: Serves 6
- Category: Entrées
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 large egg
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 1/2 cup finely diced onion
- 2 cups jarred marinara sauce
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly coat a 9 × 13-inch casserole dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium dish, mix together the ﬂour, Parmesan cheese, and garlic powder.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk the egg with 2 tablespoons water.
- Dip the chicken into the egg and then into the Parmesan mixture. Lightly press to generously coat each piece. Set aside.
- Place the quinoa in the casserole dish and add the bell pepper, mushrooms, and onion. Then add the marinara sauce, broth, and minced garlic to the casserole dish and mix everything together.
- Place the chicken thighs on top of the quinoa mixture.
- If there is any remaining Parmesan mixture, evenly sprinkle it over the top of each chicken piece. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Then cover with foil and bake for an additional 40 minutes or until the quinoa and chicken are fully cooked. Serve.
Keywords: chicken, parmesan, quinoa, bake, chicken parmesan