Cheesiest Cheddar Chicken & Rice
If you haven’t tried cheesy rice before, this is the recipe you need to try. It’s comforting, full of flavor and comes together easily all in one pot. Try sharp cheddar cheese for an extra kick of flavor.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Entrées
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound chicken tenders, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup long-grain white rice, uncooked
- 1 (10.75-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until well browned, about 10 minutes. Remove the chicken and add the rice to the pan. Stir well until lightly toasted.
- Stir in the cream of chicken soup, water, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, lemon pepper seasoning, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer, cover, and cook for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the mixed vegetables and cheese. Return the chicken to the pan. Cover and cook for 5 minutes, until the chicken is warm, the cheese is melted, and the rice is tender. Let cool for about 5 minutes and serve.