Chicken Potpie Biscuit Sliders
It’s Grandma’s go-to chicken dinner . . . with a twist! This handheld version of chicken potpie is a real crowd-pleaser among kids since they don’t have to use a fork and knife. You’ll just need to make sure you have some wet wipes on hand to clean up afterward!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: Serves 6-8 1x
- Category: Entrées
- 1 (16.3-ounce) can refrigerated biscuits
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and diced or shredded (about 2 cups)
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- Bake the biscuits according to the package instructions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt the butter. Add the onion, garlic, celery, and carrot. Cook for 4–5 minutes, until the vegetables are softened.
- Sprinkle the ﬂour over the cooked vegetables, then whisk in the chicken broth, white wine, and half-and-half.
- Cook until thick, 1–2 minutes. Stir in the Dijon mustard, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Add the chicken and peas and stir together to warm, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- To serve, slice the biscuits in half and scoop 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture onto each biscuit. Put the other half of each biscuit on top and serve.
- To cook the chicken, place the breasts on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
Keywords: chicken, chicken potpie, biscuit, sliders