Bacon Ranch Chicken Dinner
Pasta. Ranch. Cheese. Bacon. What’s not to love? This hearty pasta bake comes together quickly and will satisfy even the pickiest of eaters. Add as much or as little hot sauce as you like, but I think the spicier this dish is, the better.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4
- Category: Entrées
- 8 ounces cavatappi
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 pound shredded rotisserie chicken
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (1-ounce) packet ranch dressing and seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven 350 degrees F. Lightly coat an 8 x 8-inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the cavatappi and cook until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a large skillet until crisp. Transfer to paper towels to drain. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Add to the skillet with the bacon fat and cook until golden on all sides.
- Drain the excess fat from the pan. Add the evaporated milk, ranch mix, and hot sauce to the pan and stir. Add the cooked pasta and mix well. Add 1 1/2 cups of the cheddar cheese and the bacon and stir until well combined.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish and top with the remaining 1/2 cup cheddar cheese. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until the top, is golden brown. Let cool for 10 minutes, then serve.
- VARIATIONS: To really bring home the “buffalo wing” ﬂavor, make a sauce with 1/2 cup sour cream, 1/2 cup mayonnaise, and ¼ cup blue cheese crumbles and drizzle over the top after baking.
Keywords: bacon, ranch, chicken