I love to cook, but some nights, I’m just not in the mood for chopping, dicing, measuring, and so on. I need something quick that I can put together without too much attention, and that’s when I come back to this recipe. There’s something about a lightly seasoned cheesy chicken dish that just hits the spot. It’s so easy I have to restrain myself from cooking it multiple nights a week.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4
- Category: Entrées
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Thyme and parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place the chicken breasts in a zip-top bag and pour in the olive oil and oregano. Shake to coat.
- Place the chicken breasts on the baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese to cover.
- Bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Garnish with thyme and parsley, if desired.