I’m so excited to share my Sunflower Seed Crusted Chicken recipe with you. Sunflowers are a very special flower for me, and I love growing them in my garden. Every summer, I get to watch their bright yellow petals turn into beautiful sunflower seed heads. I decided to use some of these seeds to create something delicious.
This Sunflower Seed Crusted Chicken is a great way to showcase the bounty of my garden. The nutty and crunchy coating made with crushed sunflower seeds gives this dish an extra flavor boost. It’s also a super easy way to dress up a chicken dinner in no time at all! Serve it with mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables, or a fresh green salad. No matter what you choose to serve with it, Sunflower Seed Crusted Chicken will be sure to please.
And of course, I love sunflower seeds, but in addition to sunflower seeds, you can also add sesame seeds, flax seeds, pumpkin seeds, and even sliced almonds for a well-rounded seed coating (as pictured).
I invite you to try my Sunflower Seed Crusted Chicken and enjoy the bounty of nature’s gifts!Print
Sunflower Seed Crusted Chicken
This Sunflower Seed Crusted Chicken Recipe is a delicious and easy way to dress up your chicken dinner, and you can use any combination of seeds to experiment with!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: Serves 2 to 4 1x
- Category: Entrées
- 1/3 cup roasted, salted sunflower kernels (can also mix in: pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, almonds)
- 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, halved lengthwise
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise (flavored is good too–garlic, sriracha, etc.)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Start preheating your oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a shallow bowl, mix together the seeds, panko, and zest of lemon.
- Generously season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper; coat in mayonnaise then roll it around for even coating on all sides into the breadcrumb mixture, pressing lightly so that it sticks properly.
- Heat a large skillet, and add 2 tablespoons olive oil, over medium-high heat. Once hot, cook the chicken for 2 to 3 minutes per side until it is golden brown.
- Place the cooked chicken onto greased baking sheet and bake in oven for 4 to 6 minutes or until done. Enjoy!
Will you try my Sunflower Seed Crusted Chicken recipe? Let me know what you think!