You can never really go wrong when you’ve got an Italian favorite like Chicken Parmesan on the menu. Serve this by itself or cook some spaghetti to serve alongside. You can even set up a few candles and turn on soft music to make it a date night!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: Serves 2
- Category: Entrées
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Small loaf ciabatta bread, halved, or 2 large ciabatta rolls
- 2 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup marinara sauce, heated
- Place the chicken breasts between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound them to a 1/2-inch Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the ﬂour and egg in separate bowls.
- In another small bowl, combine the panko, Italian seasoning, and Parmesan cheese.
- Dip the chicken in the ﬂour ﬁrst, then in the egg, and lastly in the bread crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook until golden, 4–5 minutes per side.
- Cut the ciabatta in half horizontally. Place each chicken breast on the bread, top with marinara sauce, and add a slice of mozzarella. Serve
Keywords: chicken, parmesan