Tuna Salad Casserole
Tiny shells, coated in light cheese and tossed with celery and carrots, might remind you of cold tuna pasta salad, but this version is baked until golden and delicious. Eat this dish warm or cold. It’s good either way, and full of lean protein from the tuna.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4
- Category: Entrées
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds medium pasta shells
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (5-ounce) cans albacore tuna, drained
- 2 carrots, diced
- 4 celery stalks, diced
- 1 cup crushed butter crackers
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and lightly coat an 8 × 8-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add the olive oil and pasta, and cook until al dente. Drain and return to the pot.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat, add the ﬂour, and stir. Add the cream, mayonnaise, salt, and pepper and stir to combine. Add the tuna, carrots, and celery.
- Pour the sauce over the pasta and stir to coat. Pour into the baking dish, top with the crushed crackers, and bake for 15 Serve.
Keywords: tuna, tuna salad, casserole