Lemon Butter Chicken
My favorite part about this recipe has to be the sauce. It has a creamy texture with a hint of fresh lemon that gives me a warm and cozy feeling every time I taste it.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4-6 1x
- Category: Entrées
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (8-ounce) container sliced cremini mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Lemon wheels and fresh rosemary, for garnish
- Pound the chicken into 1/2-inch thickness. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add in the mushrooms and sauté for 2–5 minutes until tender and lightly browned. Add the butter and cook until melted. Add the chicken breasts and sear them on both sides until lightly browned, about 5 minutes on each side.
- Add the lemon juice, wine, and cream. Simmer for 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the lemon wheels and rosemary and serve from the skillet with the sauce.
Keywords: lemon, butter, chicken