Mango Salsa Slow Cooker Chicken
This six-ingredient dinner recipe is so simple to throw together that it may become a weekly regular. Mangoes have two peak seasons, making them available all year long, so you’ll never have to worry about your grocery store being out of stock.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4
- Category: Entrées
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1 (16-ounce) jar thick chunky salsa
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 1 large mango, seeded, peeled, and sliced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Cooked rice, for serving
- Grape tomatoes, for garnish
- Parsley, for garnish
- Coat a 6-quart slow cooker insert with cooking spray. Place the onion on the bottom of the slow cooker and spoon on half the salsa. Arrange the chicken in a single layer on top and spoon the remaining salsa over, covering the chicken. Lay the mango slices over the top, cover, and cook for 4 hours on High.
- Remove the chicken, leaving the mango in the slow cooker, and place on a serving platter. Add the honey to the slow cooker and use a fork to mix and partially mash the mango into the sauce. Spoon the sauce over the chicken, garnish with grape tomatoes and parsley, and serve with the rice.
Keywords: mango, salsa, slow cooker, chicken