Lazy Chicken and Potatoes
The foundation to any feel-good dinner recipe has to be some sort of meat-and-potato combi nation. I generally have to leave the house to run errands when I make this because the com bination of potatoes, onions, peppers, and garlic, simmering in the slow cooker all day, smells too incredible to resist.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 6 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4
- Category: Entrées
- 1 1/2 pounds baby red potatoes, halved
- 1 yellow onion, cut into chunks (about 1 cup)
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips (about 1 cup)
- 1 poblano pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons slivered garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, or a combination
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup of barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup tomato or V8 juice, or chicken broth
- Parsley, for garnish
- Coat a 6-quart slow cooker insert with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, onion, green bell pepper, poblano pepper, and garlic and toss to mix. Pour into the slow cooker. Top with the chicken and sprinkle with the cumin and salt.
- In a small bowl, combine the barbecue sauce and tomato juice and pour over the slow cooker contents. Cover and cook for 4–6 hours on Low, until the chicken is cooked through. Garnish with parsley and serve.
Keywords: chicke, potatoes