Butter Cracker Chicken Casserole
A classic, retro chicken casserole from the ’50s with butter crackers and cream of celery soup combines just the right stuff. I took that classic dish and added a tangy twist with Greek yogurt.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: Serves 6-8 1x
- Category: Entrées
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1 (10.75-ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup finely chopped celery, including some of the leaves
- 6 scallions, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 cups butter cracker crumbs
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and lightly spray a 9 × 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, soup, yogurt, celery, scallions, and pepper. Stir to mix well, then spoon into the baking dish. Sprinkle with the cracker crumbs and drizzle with the melted butter. Bake for about 30 minutes, until the casserole is bubbling and the top is golden brown. Serve.
- To cook the chicken, place the breasts on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and shred.
Keywords: butter, cracker, chicken, butter cracker, casserole