If seafood on the grill sounds scary, you’ve got to try this easy method of grilling mussels! A cast-iron skillet directly on the grill is the way to go and as soon as the mussels pop open, they’re ready for eating!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Entrées
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds mussels (pull off any beards)
- 1 cup heavy cream, room temperature
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Preheat the grill to medium heat (about 350 degrees F). Place a large cast- iron skillet on the grill.
- In the cast-iron skillet, melt the butter. Add the shallot and garlic and cook for 5 minutes. Add the white wine and season with salt and pepper. Place the mussels in the skillet and close the grill.
- Cook for 10 minutes, or until the mussels begin to open. (Discard any mussels that don’t open.) Pour in the heavy cream, sprinkle with parsley, and serve.