Dump ‘n’ Go Hawaiian Chicken
Put the knives and cutting boards away. This is one of those chicken dishes that couldn’t be any simpler. Just throw everything into the slow cooker, and leave it to work its magic. Enjoy that tropical pineapple ﬂavor!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 hours 30 minutes
- Total Time: 2 hours 45 minutes
- Yield: Serves 6-8 1x
- Category: Entrées
- 4–5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons minced or grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (20-ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- Sprigs of fresh thyme, for garnish
- Cooked white rice, for serving
- Coat a 6-quart slow cooker insert with cooking spray.
- Place the chicken breasts into the slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cornstarch, brown sugar, soy sauce, orange marmalade, lime juice, ginger, salt, and pepper. Pour over the chicken.
- Add the pineapple and mandarin oranges.
- Cover and cook for 4–5 hours on Low or for 2–2 1/2 hours on High.
- Serve over rice. Garnish with thyme.
Keywords: hawaiian chicken, chicken, hawaiian