Loaded Pulled Pork and Potato Casserole
Top creamy mashed potatoes with pulled pork and you’ve got yourself a party in a pot. But unlike most pulled pork recipes, this one doesn’t require hours of slow cooking. Store-bought, aka semi-homemade, is sometimes the best way to go, and this casserole is proof.
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 55 minutes
- Yield: Serves 8
- Category: Entrées
- 4 pounds store-bought precooked barbeque pork
- 3 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 12 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeds removed, minced
- Fresh rosemary for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and lightly coat a 9 × 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat the barbeque pork according to the directions on the package. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, add the potatoes, and cook until tender, about 45 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and mash them with the cream cheese, sour cream, half-and-half, butter, salt, and pepper. Add the bacon, scallions, and half of the cheese.
- Place the potato mixture in the baking dish. Top with the heated barbeque pork, the remaining cheese, and the jalapeño.
- Place in the oven and heat until the cheese has melted, 5 to 10 Serve, garnished with fresh rosemary if desired.
Keywords: pulled pork, pork, potato, casserole