Skinny Chicken Enchilada
Enchiladas are often made on the stovetop or in a toaster oven, but this one gets the oven-baked treatment. It’s much easier to cut out the exact portion that you want instead of getting stuck with a whole tortilla you might not be able to ﬁnish.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: Serves 6
- Category: Entrées
- 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 2 (16-ounce) jars salsa verde
- 2 medium boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (about 2 cups)
- 1 small white onion, finely diced
- 1 cup shredded Mexican- blend cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, plus whole leaves for garnish
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely diced
- Cotija cheese, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly coat a 9 × 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Wet paper towels and wrap two layers around the corn tortillas. Microwave for 45 seconds until soft and pliable.
- Pour 1 jar of the salsa over the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Fill each tortilla with about 3 tablespoons of chicken, 1 tablespoon of onion, and 1 tablespoon of the Mexican-blend cheese, and sprinkle with cilantro and jalapeño. Roll the tortilla and place seam-side down in the baking dish. Repeat with the remaining tortillas. Pour the second jar of salsa over the top of the tortillas. Top with the remaining Mexican-blend cheese.
- Bake for 20–25 minutes until bubbling. Top with cotija cheese and cilantro leaves.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- To cook the chicken, place the breasts on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
Keywords: chicken, enchilada