One-Pot Chicken and Corn Skillet
This chicken and corn skillet recipe is a simple one-pot dish that simmers in bacon fat to caramelize the corn, with a rich cream sauce.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Entrées
- 8 oz uncured thick-cut bacon
- 2 lbs or 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp herbs, chopped (thyme, basil, or rosemary)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken broth + more as needed
- 5 corn cobs, kernels removed with a knife
- 1/4 cup heavy cream (could substitute light cream for a lower-fat option)
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add bacon. You can chop it to fit the skillet more easily, or crumble it later. When crispy, remove and set aside, leaving the bacon grease.
- Add chicken to skillet, and reduce heat to medium. Top with herbs, plus a sprinkle of salt and pepper over the chicken.
- Brown the chicken for about 4-5 minutes on each side, then set aside.
- Add the onion (add 1tbsp more oil if needed) for a few minutes until transparent, then add chicken broth and when it gets hot, use a spatula to scrape the bottom of the skillet. Add the corn and chicken, reduce heat to low, and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add heavy cream and parmesan cheese to thicken (add more to make it more cheesy), and mix. Add crumbled bacon to the top with salt and pepper to taste, then enjoy!