Quinoa adds a tasty texture to sandwich wraps. These wraps pair quinoa with Mexican flavors to make a delicious lunch to eat at home or on the go. Once your family tastes them, they’ll become a favorite.Print
Mexican Quinoa Wraps
Quinoa adds a tasty texture to sandwich wraps. These wraps pair quinoa with Mexican flavors to make a delicious lunch to eat at home or on the go. Once your family tastes them, they’ll become a favorite.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: Serves 6
- Category: Entrées
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups water
- 15 ounces black beans (canned or cooked)
- 7 ounces corn (fresh, cooked or frozen, thawed)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 chili, chopped, seeds removed (optional)
- 1 red pepper, diced
- Vegetable oil
- Barbecue sauce
- Wraps (regular or gluten-free)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Sour cream (vegan or regular)
- Bring the water to a boil, stir in the quinoa and simmer 15 minutes until cooked. Drain and set aside.
- While the quinoa cooks, peel and chop the onion, and seed and dice the chili and red pepper.
- Heat a sauce pan and add a little bit of oil. Transfer the onion, chili, and red pepper and sauté for about 5 minutes until they begin to soften.
- Add the corn and sauté a minute to warm. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread a serving of the quinoa onto a wrap, followed by the vegetable mixture, beans, guacamole, and sour cream. Add a spoonful of barbecue sauce if desired. Repeat with remaining wraps. Roll up and serve.
Have you tried this recipe? It’s so easy and so fresh with a bowl of chips—please tell us how it turned out for you.