Buffalo Chicken Casserole
Need something to bring over for watching the big championship game? This hot ’n’ ready cas serole has just enough kick to keep you on your toes until the clock runs out.
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 2 hours
- Yield: Serves 8
- Category: Entrées
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 bacon slices, chopped
- 3 jalapeños, seeded and chopped, plus slices for garnish
- 1 1/2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Season the chicken thighs well with salt and pepper and place on the baking sheet. Bake for 40 minutes until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat for 10 minutes. Add the jalapeños and cook until the bacon is crisp. Without draining the pan, add the cream cheese, mayonnaise, and hot sauce to the skillet. Mix together well and taste for seasoning. The hot sauce can be quite salty, so avoid adding salt until tasting.
- Coat a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking Remove the chicken from the oven and add to the casserole dish in an even layer. Top with the cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle an even layer of cheddar and mozzarella cheese over the top, mixing them together as you sprinkle.
- Bake for 10–15 minutes. Switch the oven to broil and broil for 5 minutes to lightly brown the cheese on top.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and sliced jalapeños and serve.
Keywords: buffalo, chicken, casserole