Shortcut Chicken Fried Rice
Fried rice is a staple of take-out establishments and always a top option on the menu. If you’re worried about the time it’d take to prepare all of this at home, we’ve come up with a few simple shortcuts by using precooked toothpicks and frozen veggies.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: Serves 6–8 1x
- Category: Entrées
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups precooked chicken, such as rotisserie-style, diced
- 3 cups cooked rice, cold
- 1 (16-ounce) bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 large eggs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a wok or large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over high heat. Add the chicken, rice, and frozen vegetables and cook, stirring constantly, until warmed through, about 5 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce and vinegar, stirring to combine well. Push all the food to the sides, leaving a clear space in the middle of the pan. Crack the eggs into the space and immediately stir. Once the eggs are cooked, stir everything together, season with salt and pepper, and serve.