Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad Sandwich
My husband and I like to explore different forest preserves in our area. I pack us lunches, and he acts as the navigator through these unknown paths. Chicken salad sandwiches are his favorite, so I make sure I include a couple for the both of us. And since this chicken salad is mayo-free, he doesn’t feel guilty about chowing down on leftovers when we arrive back home.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4
- Category: Entrées
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup red or green grapes, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped dried cherries
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 loaf ciabatta bread cut into 4 sandwich-size rolls, split open
- 4 leaves Boston lettuce
- In a large bowl, mix together the chicken, celery, onion, grapes, dried cherries, walnuts, yogurt, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Divide the chicken salad on the ciabatta rolls over a lettuce leaf. Serve.
- To cook the chicken, place the breasts on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
Keywords: greek yogurt, chicken, chicken salad, sandwich