Simple Lemon Salmon with Side Salad
Salmon is one of the healthiest proteins you can have at a meal. Not only is it chock full of vitamins and minerals, but consistent consumption has been proven to help with weight control, inflammation, and more. We’ve paired this with a simple salad and homemade vinaigrette for a lunch or dinner recipe you can feel good about.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4
- Category: Entrées
- 4 (4-ounce) skin-on salmon fillets
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, halved and sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 shallot, minced
- 4 cups mixed greens
- Fresh dill, for garnish
- For the salmon: Preheat the oven to broil. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place the salmon skin-side down on the baking sheet and sprinkle with the red pepper ﬂakes, salt, and pepper. Arrange the lemon slices over the ﬁsh. Broil for 10 minutes, until the salmon is cooked through.
- For the vinaigrette: Meanwhile, combine the oil, vinegar, mustard, and shallot in a jar with a lid and shake. Divide the mixed greens among 4 plates and drizzle some of the vinaigrette over the greens. Place a salmon ﬁllet on each plate and serve, garnished with fresh dill.
- Put in a sealed container and store in the fridge for up to 3 days.