Looking for a way to spice things up? How about some Summer Spiced Chicken on the Grill to satisfy those spicy cravings? The best part is that this recipe isn’t just for summer and can be enjoyed any time of the year! The delightfully homemade spice mixture is also pretty easy to whip up. Plus, the entire prep and grilling process only takes around 20 minutes. It’s super fitting for those days when you might be busy but want to enjoy a special dish to “spice up” your dining experience!
When making the spice mixture, you’ll enjoy blending together some fresh herbs and spices, especially if they’re plucked straight from your home garden. Making this mixture is a simple step in the process and, if you ask me, it can be pretty relaxing. Since it’s all about spices, you’ll get to sprinkle your mixture with garlic powder, cumin, coriander, paprika, and, of course, chili powder. Each ingredient contributes a varying degree of spice, from the subtle qualities of garlic powder to the earthiness of coriander and the fierceness of chili powder.
Salt and pepper, the taste balancers, are always present. Olive oil harmonizes your herbs and spices, giving it that smooth texture ready to be brushed on your chicken. It’ll only take four to six minutes to get this versatile protein cooked through once it hits the grill so you don’t have to wait too long. To enjoy your Summer Spiced Chicken on the Grill even more, serve it alongside some refreshing coleslaw. A helping of slaw balances out the spices and gives your tender chicken a contrasting crunch when savored together. It’s the perfect combination that’s quick to prepare and even more delightful to eat!Print
Summer Spiced Chicken on the Grill
Spice up your mealtimes with this extra yummy Summer Spiced Chicken on the Grill!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Entrées
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Prepared coleslaw, for serving
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Alternatively, heat a grill pan on the stove over medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, mix the olive oil, garlic powder, cumin, coriander, paprika, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Mix until combined.
- Brush the spice mixture over both sides of the chicken.
- Place the chicken on the grill or pan and grill each side for 4 to 6 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. Remove from the grill and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve with prepared coleslaw.
Have you made this recipe? What did you think?