Perfect Pizza Casserole
Pizza meets pie meets casserole in this quick and easy recipe. Layer meat, marinara, and cheese and top with a baking mix crust for a fun, perfect pizza that is even easier than delivery.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: Serves 6 to 8 1x
- Category: Entrées
- 1 cup baking mix
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 12 ounces Italian sausage, mild or hot
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 (14-ounce) can pizza sauce
- 4 ounces pepperoni, thinly sliced
- Crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and lightly coat a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the baking mix, milk, and eggs just until combined and doughly. Stir in 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese and press the mixture into the bottom of the pie plate.
- In a large skillet, begin cooking the sausage with the casings removed over medium heat, stirring to break up the meat. Add the onion and cook until the meat is browned, about 5 minutes. Drain off any excess fat and return to the heat. Stir in the pizza sauce until just heated and beginning to bubble. Pour into the pie plate and top with the pepperoni slices and the remaining ½ cup of cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Allow to set for 20 minutes. Remove from pie plate, if desired, top with crushed red pepper ﬂakes, slice, and serve.
Keywords: pizza, casserole