White Wine Lemon Chicken
Adding wine to a dish helps enhance its flavor without loading it down with too many spices. When you mix Italian dressing with white wine, you get an explosion of Italian herbs that tastes just as good as anything you’d find in a restaurant.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: Serves 2–4 1x
- Category: Entrées
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper, plus more as needed
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth, low-sodium preferred
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 (1.5-ounce) package dry Italian dressing mix
- Lemon rounds, for garnish
- Broccoli, for serving
- Coat a 6-quart slow cooker insert with cooking spray. In a shallow dish, combine the ﬂour and pepper. Dredge each chicken breast in the ﬂour mixture and set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter with the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook each side for about 4 minutes. You are not cooking the meat through, just lightly browning each side.
- Transfer the chicken to the slow cooker. In the same skillet, still over medium heat, add the wine and scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Bring to a simmer and reduce the liquid, about 5 minutes. Add the chicken broth, and lemon juice. Return to a simmer and cook about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the Italian dressing mix over the chicken. Pour the broth mixture over the top.
- Cover and cook for 3 to 4 hours on Low.
- Serve one or two breasts per person, drizzle with sauce from the slow cooker. Garnish with lemon rounds and serve with broccoli.