Easy One-Pot Chicken Cacciatore
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Entrées
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth, low- sodium preferred
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 (28-ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- Cooked white rice, for serving
- Fresh basil, for garnish
- In a shallow dish or pie plate, combine the ﬂour, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, and the black pepper.
- Add the chicken chunks and coat well.
- In a large soup pot or deep skillet, heat 3 tablespoons of the olive oil over medium heat until shimmering.
- Add the chicken and cook until brown on all sides, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil to the pot and add the mushrooms, red bell pepper, onion, and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes, until the onion is translucent.
- Add the chicken broth, white wine, marinara sauce, diced tomatoes, Italian seasoning, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Stir in the chicken and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 30–35 minutes, until heated through.
- Stir and serve over white rice, garnished with basil leaves.