Cauliflower crusts are all the rage in the healthy food world, but they can be fussy to make. But with these Quick Caprese Cauliflower Pizzas, you can skip the mixing and crumbling and opt for slices of cauliflower and roast them to perfection. Top with traditional caprese style toppings and you’ll be impressed with this quick and healthy take on pizza.
It almost sounds too good to be true, right? Let’s take a look. Quick? Yup. Easy? Indeed. Tasty? Are they ever! These Quick Caprese Cauliflower Pizzas check all the boxes! These are actually a perfect finger-food for the snack table, too. I’ll admit I love game night snacks, but once you reach a certain point in your life, the bag of chips just doesn’t sit as well.
You don’t have to reserve these for the snack table, though. Here are a few tips to make these a welcome site anywhere from the dinner table to the backyard barbecue.
- Cut the cauliflower into uniform slices, that way they cook evenly.
- Use garden fresh tomatoes if at all possible. Store bought is fine, but you just can’t beat the taste of homegrown tomatoes in this recipe.
- Sprinkle a little freshly grated Parmesan on top of the tomatoes to add some additional flavors.
- Feel free to experiment with fresh herbs or an herb blend. Basil is, of course, the classic for these Quick Caprese Cauliflower Pizzas, but oregano and rosemary are nice additions, too.
These are best enjoyed when you make them, so do your best to only make what you need. However, if you do have leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. I’ve had them sliced up and added to salad and they’re delicious that way!Print
Quick Caprese Cauliflower Pizzas
Get all the taste and nutrition of a cauliflower crust without all the fuss. These Quick Caprese Cauliflower Pizzas are made to please!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2–4 1x
- Category: Entrées
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into thick slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 6 slices fresh mozzarella cheese, cut to fit the cauliflower
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- Fresh basil, chopped, for serving (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the cauliﬂower slices on the baking sheet. Drizzle with the oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for about 20 minutes until slightly crispy around the edges.
- Top the cauliﬂower with a layer of cheese slices followed by a layer of tomato. Return to the oven for an additional 5 minutes until the cheese has melted and is slightly crispy.
- Serve topped with fresh basil, if desired.
Have you had a chance to try these? What did you think?