How to Make Chicken Cacciatore in a Crock-Pot
If you don’t know how to make chicken cacciatore in a Crock-Pot or slow cooker, you’ll be thrilled to know this dish is only one-step long and is a great way to use up your end of season cherry tomatoes, onions, and bell peppers.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Total Time: 8 hours 15 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4 to 6 1x
- Category: Entrées
- 6 boneless chicken thighs or breasts
- 3 small onions (2-3″ diameter) sliced into strips (I like to make them big so picky eaters can remove them)
- Two handfuls of cherry tomatoes whole
- 3 bell peppers, cored and sliced into strips
- 16 oz jar of tomato sauce ( I suggest our Roasted Tomato Sauce!)
- 3 basil leaves
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Optional: Prepared pasta or rice
- Toss everything in a slow cooker and cook for 8 hours on low.
- Use a fork to tear the chicken, and serve alone, or over-prepared pasta or rice.