Down South Slow Cooker Chicken and Stufﬁng
Yes, you can absolutely have stufﬁng for dinner when it’s not Thanksgiving or Christmas! There’s no reason why you should deprive yourself for ten months out of the year when slow cooker recipes like this one are fabulous all year long. The sweet and nutty Jarlsberg cheese adds a unique and festive touch.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours 15 minutes
- Yield: Serves 6
- Category: Entrées
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 6 slices Jarlsberg cheese
- 1 (10.5-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10.5-ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 (6-ounce) box chicken or herb stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- Parsley, for garnish
- Coat a 6-quart slow cooker insert with cooking spray.
- Season the chicken with the salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning.
- Place the chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Cover the chicken with the Jarlsberg cheese slices.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream of chicken soup, cream of celery soup, half-and-half, and sour cream.
- Pour the soup mixture over the cheese slices.
- Sprinkle the dry stufﬁng mix on top of the soup mixture and then drizzle the melted butter on top.
- Cover and cook for 3–4 hours on High. Garnish with parsley and serve.
Keywords: slow cooker, chicken, stuffing