A green tomato doesn’t always mean “unripe”. Green Beefsteak tomatoes have a unique flavor that is tart and tangy and pairs well with other flavors to create something special. These tomatoes can be used as an interesting twist on juicing, artisan sandwiches, salsas, dips, and cold or hot sauces. Green Beefsteak tomatoes can even be used in baked items like desserts and pies (trust us, they’re delicious!), and make a great substitute in any recipe that calls for using Granny Smith apples.
- Full sun (eight hours)
- 6.0 to 6.8
- fertile, well-drained
- 2 to 11
- plant 3 to 5 feet apart for optimal growth and air circulation
- Water 1-2 inches per week
- Consistent moisture keeps fruit from cracking and encourages deep roots
- Round and firm
- Large and with meaty structure
- Versatile and crunchy
- Tart and tangy flavor
- Best for sandwiches, salsa, sauces, juicing, pickling, grilling, and even desserts
Have you ever grown Green Beefsteak tomatoes? Please tell us about your experiences with Green Beefsteak tomatoes.