Pineapples are kind of an amazing fruit, don’t you think? They’re juicy, tasty, and bursting with a mouthwatering sweet-tang that’s even more stunning with just a touch of salt. They’re also packed with nutrients and make for a great dessert since they contain a lot of fiber that aids digestion.
If you’re like me, then you probably love pineapples just as they are. But, from time to time, I also like putting a spin on how I savor this delicious fruit by making Sweet Grilled Pineapple!
More than just a simple grill, this recipe for Sweet Grilled Pineapple is extra special. Before grilling, the inch-thick pineapple slices are immersed in extra-virgin olive oil and honey in zip-top bags. The oil coats the pineapple slices for easier cooking while the honey gives them a more distinct, savory sweetness that mellows down the pineapple’s natural tang. The grilling process itself brings out even more of the pineapple’s sweet qualities, making these slices extra delicious and tender as you bite into them.
Aesthetically speaking, the light brown grill marks give the bright cheery pineapple that nicely tropical feel that makes you want to enjoy a little bonfire on the beach!
When you’ve got those nice grill marks on each side, it’s time to plate your Sweet Grilled Pineapple slices. You can start simple by sprinkling salt on them, but if you’re craving an added touch of sweetness, adding some brown sugar or even a dash of cinnamon will help you enjoy a unique taste each time. For those hot days, Sweet Grilled Pineapple is perfect with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top!Print
Sweet Grilled Pineapple
Extra delicious and tender, these Sweet Grilled Pineapple slices are that tropical twist you need to brighten up your dessert experience!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 minutes
- Total Time: 8 minutes
- Yield: 4 to 6 1x
- Category: Desserts
- 1 pineapple, unpeeled, cut crosswise into 1-inch-thick slices
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup honey Salt
- Ice cream
- Preheat the grill to medium heat (about 350 degrees F).
- Divide the pineapple, oil, and honey between two large zip-top plastic bags. Seal and massage the bags to distribute the ingredients evenly. Place the slices of pineapple on the grill and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side until you can see light brown grill marks on each side. Sprinkle lightly with salt and remove the peel if you wish or provide a sharp knife and fork to slice. Serve immediately with ice cream.
- You can also remove the pineapple peel before grilling, so you don’t need to worry about it later!
Have you tried these? Do you prefer them with a dash of salt or do you add brown sugar or cinnamon? Let us know in the comments how you like to prepare this treat.