When I was a kid visiting family in Chicago, the highlight of the experience was always getting to dine at my favorite restaurant, The Cheesecake Factory. With so many cheesecakes to choose from, I was always happy to share, so I could try multiple ﬂavors. One of my favorites was a brownie cheesecake because it was a mash-up of two great desserts. This one isn’t quite as giant as the cheesecake I ate on the ﬁrst ﬂoor of the Hancock building, but it equally delicious.
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Chill Time: 2 hours
- Total Time: 3 hours
- Yield: 1 Cake, Serves 10-12 1x
- Category: Desserts
- 2 dozen brownie bites
- 1 1/2 cups bittersweet chocolate chips
- 12 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons ( 1/2 stick/ 1/4 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup cold heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips, plus additional for serving
- 1 (12.25-ounce) jar store-bought sea salt–caramel sauce
- Lightly grease an 8-inch springform pan.
- Arrange the brownie bites to ﬁt in the bottom of the pan.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, microwave the bittersweet chocolate chips on high for 1 minute. Stir and continue to microwave in 30-second intervals until the chocolate has melted, about 3 minutes total. Set aside to cool while you prepare the cream cheese.
- Using a hand mixer and a large bowl, or in the bowl of a stand mixer ﬁtted with the paddle, beat the cream cheese, butter, espresso powder, and granulated sugar on medium speed until smooth.
- Add the cooled melted chocolate and beat on medium speed until combined.
- Mix the heavy whipping cream with the powdered sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. Add 3/4 cup of the mini chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter into the pan over the brownies. Refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours, until ﬁrm.
- Remove the springform ring from the cheesecake.
- Warm the sea salt–caramel sauce. Drizzle a few tablespoons over the cheesecake and top with the remaining mini chocolate chips. Serve immediately.
Keywords: brownie, cheesecake