Funfetti Cake Batter Bites
For our wedding, I wanted a vanilla cake with vanilla frosting. The baker made one for us to try, and my feedback was, “Can it be more like a box mix?” Despite understanding a sophisticated taste, there are some things that don’t need any upgrade, and a vanilla cake made out of a boxed mix is one of them. These little batter balls bring that cake mix essence into a one-bite form.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Chill Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 30 truffles 1x
- Category: Desserts
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick / 1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups Funfetti cake mix
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- 1/4 cup rainbow nonpareils
- 16 ounces white chocolate melting wafers or CandyQuik
- Rainbow nonpareils, coconut, or chopped nuts (optional)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the butter, cake mix, sugar, ﬂour, and vanilla. Process until it forms a ﬁrm dough. Transfer to a bowl.
- Mix the nonpareils into the dough.
- Roll the dough into 1-inch balls and place on the lined baking sheet.
- Freeze the dough balls for 10 minutes.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the white chocolate on 50% power in 30-second increments, stirring in between each, until melted. Dip the cake balls into the melted chocolate, remove with a fork, and place back on the lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the tops with the nonpareils, coconut, or chopped
- Let the cake trufﬂes harden at room temperature or in the fridge for 20 minutes before serving.
Keywords: funfetti, cake batter, bites