Multicolor Kool-Aid Pie
Ombré, when one color fades into another, is a trend that has taken hold of everything from fashion to hair color and even wedding cakes. I happen to think it’s beautiful, like an elegant version of tie-dye. When I found ombré doilies at the store, I had to make a pie that mimicked something similar. Colored with blue raspberry and black cherry, this pie is as pretty as it is tasty.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Chill Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: 1 pie, Serves 6-8 1x
- Category: Desserts
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 (8-ounce) containers frozen whipped topping, thawed, plus extra for garnish
- 1 (0.14-ounce) packet of blue raspberry Kool-Aid
- 1 (0.14-ounce) packet black cherry Kool-Aid
- 1 store-bought (or homemade) graham cracker crust
- Silver sugar pearls for garnish
- In a medium bowl, combine the sweetened condensed milk and 1 container of the whipped topping.
- Add the two packets of Kool-Aid and stir until the colors begin to marble, without completely coloring the batter.
- Pour into the graham cracker crust.
- Top with the remaining whipped topping and transfer to the freezer. Freeze the pie for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Top with additional whipped topping and silver sugar pearls. Serve cold.
Keywords: kool-aid, pie